Successful calf rearing has an important role in profitability of flocks of diary cattles. Calf training needs a collection of nutritious,environmental and hygienic managements. In young calves,most of changes in weight gain are related to the starter concentrate, and growth speed and maturity of tissues of digestive system are affected by it.
Analysis of Super feed starter flakes
|vit A (iu)||13500|
|vit D3 (iu)||800|
|Vit E (iu)||70|
|vit group B (iu)||sufficient amount|
- Diseases which spread in suckling period ,will postpone the weaning age. The first step to prevent diseases from happening by correct usage of colostrm. We have to pay attention to three important points when we are using colostrum:
A) Quality of colostrum
B) Correct feeding time with colostrum
C) The amount of (used)colostrum
- The first colostrum which is given to the calves ,must be exactly at their birthtime because after 24 hours the absorbtion of antibodies will strongly decrease.It is recommended that in the first hour, the calves have to be fed with 2-3 liters of colostrum and 6 hours later feed them with 2 more liters (in the first 12 hours,14% of their body weight) and after that each 2 hours ,they have to be fed with 12 liters of colostrum for 3 days. Try to use the first colostrum which is obtained in the first milking time.
- During suckling, feed the calves with enough amount of milk. It is recommended to use 4 liters of milk daily,during the first 2 weeks, 6 liters of milk daily,from the age of 2 weeks to 45 days old, and 4 liters of milk daily, from 45 days to 60 days old.
- Feed calves using fresh starter.
- Make fresh water accessible for calves. If the quality of water in cattle husbandary is not appropriate, try to use purified water for them.
- Add 5-7% of chopped alfalfa in size of 2-3 cm to the starter from one month old.
- Notice the ventilation and hygiene.
- You can start weaning each calf,which has used one kg of starter,in 2 months old. Each calf which gained weight is twice more in compare with its birthtime.( The weight of a 2-month-old calf has to be twice more than its birthtime.)
- It is necessary to make fresh and clean water accessible during the weaning time.
- By considering the increase of concentrate usage during the weaning time , if the dishes contain concentrate, are small, they have to be charged twice every24 hours.
- During the weaning time , calves have to be fed with milk, once a day,for 5 to 7 days.
- Do not transfer calves to group places at least one week after weaning.
- If you transferred calves to group places after their weaning time,it would be better for them to be fitted in sme age ranges.
- After weaning, transfer calves to group places which contain only 4 to 6 other calves, and before 4 months old ,stop their transfer to crowded group places.
- Use 3 kg of Grower concentrate with 20 % of chopped alfalfa every day and continue using it until the age of 3-3.5 months.
- From the age of 3.5-4 months,feed calves gradually with silage and TMR group for 4-6 months old calves.
- Notice that excessive transfer of calves among different groups causes decrease in growth,so do not do nutrition changes and place changes at the same time.
How to use this Super feed starter flakes
- Super feed starter has to be used freely from the third day after birthday
- Add 5 to 7% of alfalfa to the starter after one month old
- Use Grower concentrate from the second week after weaning